- Our vision is for Pittville Pump Room to be Cheltenham’s heritage focal point, where spa culture and the Regency period are celebrated.
- The visitor experience should be of the highest quality, reflecting the Pump Room’s Grade I listed status.
Why should Pittville Pump Room be Cheltenham’s heritage focal point?
- Cheltenham lacks a landmark building to act as a focus for heritage visitors and tourists.
- The Pump Room – described by Historic England as the finest building in Cheltenham – is the only Grade I listed building in the town which is in public ownership.
- The Pump Room is the only place where you can still taste the mineral water which was the basis for Cheltenham’s growth and prosperity, and is the ideal place to tell Cheltenham’s story.
- The Pump Room enjoys a magnificent setting within the historic Pittville Park, the only park in Gloucestershire to have been awarded Green Heritage Site accreditation.
- The spacious interior lends itself to a variety of flexible uses and events, while the success of the “Heritage Cafe” shows that there is strong support for a catering outlet at the Pump Room.
What has to happen to make this a reality?
- Outstanding customer service
- Heritage interpretation and experiences which are engaging and informative
- Taking the waters as a central feature
- First class catering
- Integration with the rest of the town
See our Vision and Action Plan to find out more