- Our vision is for Pittville Pump Room to be Cheltenham’s heritage focal point, where spa culture and the Regency period are celebrated with a visitor experience of the highest quality, reflecting the building’s Grade I listed status.
Why should Pittville Pump Room be Cheltenham’s heritage focal point?
- Cheltenham lacks a landmark building to act as a focus for heritage visitors and tourists.
- The Pump Room – described by Historic England as the finest building in Cheltenham – is the only Grade I listed building in the town which is in public ownership.
- The Pump Room is the only place where you can still “take the waters” and sample the mineral water which was the basis for Cheltenham’s growth and prosperity; this makes it the ideal place to tell Cheltenham’s story.
- The Pump Room enjoys a magnificent setting within the historic Pittville Park, the only park in Gloucestershire to have been awarded Green Heritage Site accreditation.
- The spacious interior lends itself to a variety of flexible uses and events, while the success of the outdoor cafe shows that there is strong support for a catering outlet at the Pump Room.
What has to happen to make this a reality?
- Outstanding customer service with a warm welcome for visitors
- Heritage interpretation and experiences which are engaging and informative
- “Taking the waters” as a central feature
- First class catering
- Integration with the rest of the town
See our Vision and Action Plan to find out more